Living in Colorado is fantastic. We truly get four distinct seasons, and each one of them is beautiful. But the weather does offer some bad days, too. Winter storms can bring a lot of snow and ice, and during the warmer months, we see more than our fair share of hail. That kind of weather can really put your home to the test. Therefore, when it’s time to replace your siding, you should choose carefully. Of course, you want siding that will look great, but you also need it to protect your home. At Northern Lights Exteriors, we think you should use James Hardie siding on your Denver home.
5 Reasons to Choose James Hardie
You have many choices when it comes to siding, including vinyl, metal, natural wood, and stone veneer. But when it comes to protecting a home in Colorado’s climate, James Hardie fiber cement siding outshines the competition. Here are a few reasons why you should consider James Hardie for your home:
- Durability – Fiber cement siding is made by mixing sand, cement, and cellulose fibers, adding pressure, and curing. The resulting product is very strong and holds up well to extreme weather. It’s also made to last. James Hardie siding comes with a 30-year limited lifetime warranty but can last much longer with basic regular maintenance.
- Fire resistance – It has a Class A fire/flame spread rating, the highest classification available.
- Long lasting color – James Hardie siding uses a ColorPlus finish, which comes with a 15-year limited warranty covering paint and labor. The warranty also protects against peeling, cracking, and chipping. Your typical painted siding’s color won’t last that long.
- Insect and woodpecker proof – Insects and woodpeckers find nothing attractive about fiber cement siding and typically leave it alone. Plus, it’s too hard for them to dig into. We’ve never encountered a woodpecker hole in fiber cement siding.
- Over 700 color options – James Hardie’s Dream Collection allows homeowners to choose from over 700 colors, so you can always find just the color you want.
Choose the Right Siding Contractor
Selecting the right contractor to install your siding is just as important as choosing the right siding material. Proper installation is key to having siding that will perform as it should for decades to come. When choosing a contractor, always ask if you’ll be able to choose from the full line of James Hardie products.
James Hardie fiber cement siding is the most popular siding option in the United States for good reason. We think it’s far and away the smartest choice for your Denver, CO, home. If you have any questions about James Hardie siding, please feel free to contact Northern Lights Exteriors, your local James Hardie dealer.