Custom Pergolas for Homeowners in Denver, CO
Pergolas are gaining popularity among homeowners in the northern Denver area, and for good reason. Not only a beautiful structure in itself, a pergola is also the perfect place to barbeque, entertain friends, stargaze, or simply relax outdoors. The custom pergola builders at Northern Lights Exteriors can help you create a distinctive look for your property with an investment that will last for decades.
The pergolas we build are constructed from 100% western red cedar sourced from the Pacific Northwest—no plywood or imported imitation wood here! The most popular wood species in North America for outdoor shade structures, western red cedar has a rough-cut beam look that adds a touch of class to any landscape setting. Redwood is especially well-suited for pergolas because it is highly durable and resistant to decay and rot. Wood-eating insects take a pass on it because it contains phytochemicals that disagree with them. And for your complete peace of mind, our redwood pergolas are backed with a 15-year manufacturer warranty.
We Build Fully Customized Pergolas
Depending on your needs and preferences, you might choose a standalone or attached-to-house design for your pergola. Then, create the perfect backyard retreat by customizing it with:
- Stain and sealant – Enhance the appearance of your pergola and extend its life (color options include maple, cedar, mahogany, rustic cedar, cinder, and walnut)
- Taller posts – Raise its overhead clearance
- Thicker posts – Provide aesthetic differentiation
- A retractable fabric canopy – Enjoy 100% shade or rain protection when you want it (and let the sun shine in when you don’t!)
- A lattice roof – Achieve 82% shade for increased comfort
- A full-height lattice or privacy wall – Add a private space divider
- Heavy-duty post anchors – Provide extra stability in high winds
Pergolas offer the perfect combination of sun and shelter. Allow Northern Lights Exterior to help you make the most of your backyard so you can enjoy the Colorado outdoor lifestyle to its fullest.
For more information on how to start designing your ideal backyard addition, contact Northern Lights Exteriors today.